Leek Livestock Market
Coronavirus-Covid 19 Update
We intend to make every effort to keep the market running at Leek. Markets play a vital role in the food supply chain, enusirng that the right stock goes to the most appropriate abattoir and that there is an orderly re-supply of store cattle to the finishers.
* Only vendors and purchasers must attend market and all must wear masks in covered areas. Areas around the ring are for BUYERS ONLY. Vendors may watch their animals sold from beside the rostrum and then leave.
* Animals must be delivered to the unloading docks (vendors must remain in their vehicles whilst market staff unload the stock and collect the paperwork.)
* Payments by BACs will be paid in the usual manner, alernatively Cheques will be posted to you. You will not be able to collect these from the market office.
Buyers - We will be Implementing "Social Distancing" (2 metres apart)
* All buyers will be registered, leaving us with full contact information.
* At the end of the sale buyers must enter the market office one at a time.
These measures are all in place to reduce the risk to health.
Please follow our instructions to the letter and follow the handwashing code.